Monday, February 27, 2017

It is the ID

Who Am I can't really be explained in words. This class can't be put into words or summarized by any means. We covered everything from the great Greek philosophers to what we doubt and why. So for this AP we studied dreams and how Freud says this releases your sub-conscious to tell us what we are really thinking. So what better way to symbolize finding your dreams and deciphering them than making a dream catcher. We studied the Indians that used dream catchers and how they thought of certain thing contained in dream catchers. Also how every detail and piece symbolizes something.

LM. (2017) dreamcatcher.
I re-did this dream catcher at least five times to get it absolutely perfect and symmetrical because to me this symbolize how I want things to line up perfectly and be right on mark. This would relate to my building and wood working skills. How if anything is just a millimeter off would mean catastrophe. I could not stand it when things were not even. This could mean a number of things my ID is trying to release to tell me.

The outside had a brown leather strip wrapping around the ring because this reminded off when I lived out in the country with the cowboy shows and cows. Plus this brown went good with the blue.

I picked this blue because not only was it my favorite color it also symbolizes the blue starry night of the country sky. Which complements the brown leather symbol.

In the center I put a nut to show my building side. This was also to symbolize a object in which good dreams would flow through easily. Along with having a good weight to help stabilize the string.

LM. (2017) dreamcatcher.
On the bottom I put blue leather to match the blue in the center, but with something a bit stronger. For me this symbolizes the strong heart I have deep down. On this blue leather I have wooden beads to gain complement the building side. These beads are matched in a pattern because I wanted to show order I have somewhere inside me.

Lastly I wrapped the thinnest string I could fin to show how my life hangs on by a thread and put a simple knot to show that everything can come crashing down any moment.

I hope that all of the symmetry I put in will block the super ego from my dreams. Because in my dreams no-one is there to judge me. I hope blocking out the super ego will lead to dreams where it becomes simple to see what my ID or sub-conscious is trying to tell me.

I personally have lucid dreams almost every night so having a dream where I can see what my Sub conscious or ID is saying would mean a bit more to me because after having lucid dreams for so long it becomes boring and hard to enjoy when you know its not real. So maybe my Ignorance will come fourth so I don't know when I'm dreaming.

I do not thing Freud would exactly agree with the idea of a dream catcher because it does not really show you sub-conscious with the symbolism. Although he would agree with the idea of remembering dreams because this he says will be the true in sub-conscious. So in some since this would be the best and worst thing for Freud.

No comments:

Post a Comment